Friendliest Cat Breeds
Cats are great pets for anyone who wants a loving companion but doesn’t have enough time to care for a dog. Cats are independent creatures and are often happy enough to be left alone for hours at a time.
With this independence comes a bit of standoffishness…but not for every cat!
Although cats are individuals and often their personality is not dictated by their breed, there are some breeds known for being more friendly than the average house cat:
- Ragdoll: This cuddly breed is known as the “dog” of the cat world. Bred to be human-focused, ragdolls are laid-back and cuddly, making them the perfect pet for families.
- Sphynx: This hairless breed is super friendly and reliable, a great choice for first-time cat owners.
- Maine Coon: These gentle giants are known for their chill and affectionate personalities.
- Burmese: Devoted and tolerant, this breed is happy to curl up in their human’s lap any time of day.
- Persian: Last but not least, Persian cats are known for their sociable and loving personalities.