Endura Double Flap Door Mount (E2 Design) - Replacement Flap Instructions
Click to view the Single Flap Door Mount Replacement Flap Instructions.
- 1 Replacement Flap
- 3 Retainer Rings
- 4 Hole Plugs*
- Magnetic Phillips head #2 screwdriver
- Flat head screwdriver
*Replacement flaps come with two sets of hole plugs, but you will only need to use one on your flap. For your door, use the set of 4 small hole plugs and discard the set of 8 larger hole plugs.
Step 1 REMOVE THE SCREWS
- Remove the screws from the interior frame with the Phillips head screwdriver.
- Slide the top of the outer frame off. View this video to see how.
- As needed, cut through any caulking to remove the frame you are replacing the flap for.
Step 2 REMOVE THE FLAP ROD
- Look for a metal rod at the top of the flap frame—remove one of the circular metal retaining rings by forcing it off with a flathead screwdriver.
- You only need to remove one retainer ring.
- Push the metal rod through the flap frame until it comes out on the other side. Pull the rod out and remove the flap.
Step 3 REPLACE THE FLAP
- Position the new flap in place in the frame and make sure the magnets are attracting correctly. If they are not, try flipping the flap around (switching the interior and exterior faces).
Step 3.5 DOUBLE FLAP DOOR MOUNT INTERIOR FLAP
- If you are replacing the interior flap, you will need to remove the tunnel.
- First cut through any caulking on the seam between the tunnel and frame, then remove screws with a phillips screw driver.
Step 4 REINSTALL THE ROD
- Guide the metal rod back through the flap and frame.
- Push a new retainer ring on by holding the other side of the rod in place while pushing the ring on with your fingers.
- Replace the inner tunnel and top of the outside frame, if needed.
Step 5 REINSTALL FLAP ASSEMBLY
- Reinstall the flap assembly into the opening, then screw them into place.
- Install the included new set of hole plugs by pressing them on by hand.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection