Endura Flap Pet Door for Thin Doors (E2 Design) - Installation Instructions
Click to view the Single Flap Door Mount (1-1/8" to 1-3/4" thick) Instructions.
Time Required 2-3 hours
- 1 Installation Template
- Short Screws (1")
- Medium Screws (1-1/4")
- Long Screws (1-1/2")
- 4 Screw Covers
- 1 Installation Magnet
- 1 Flap Frame
- 1 Trim Frame
- 1 Tube of Silicone
- 1 Locking Cover
- Drill with 3/8" (9,5 mm) drill bit
- Measuring Tape
- Jigsaw or Reciprocating Saw
Please read instructions & notes thoroughly before installation.
Single Flap Door Mount
Step 1 Prep Your Door
- If possible, remove the door from its hinges using a screwdriver and hammer to tap out the hinge pins. Lay the door flap for installation. Tape the provided template to the door. The top edge of the cut-out line should be at least 3” (7,6 cm) above the pet's shoulders.
Step 2 Drill the Holes
- Once you are certain the pet door will work with your door, make sure the template is level, and mark the outline with a pencil. Remove the template and drill holes through the corners just inside of the lines using a ⅜” (9,5 mm) drill bit.
Step 3 Saw An Opening
- Using a jigsaw, cut along the marked lines, making sure to cut straight.
Step 4 Check Weatherstripping
- Ensure the weatherstripping is firmly pressed in the groove on both frames. Weatherstripping indicated in red.
Step 5 Position the Frames
- Place the trim frame on the outside of the door and the flap frame on the inside.
Step 6 Position Screws
- Select appropriate screws and insert them into the pet door from the inside.
|Door Width||Screw Length|
|1/2" to 3/4"||Short Screws (1")|
|3/4" to 1"||Medium Screws (1-1/4")|
|1" to 1-1/8"||Long Screws (1-1/2")|
Step 7 Screw Door Into Place
- Once the pet door is leveled, tighten the screws so that the weatherstripping compresses.
Step 8 Attach Screw Covers
- Push the four screw covers in by hand to cover the screws.
Step 9 Seal With Silicone
- Apply silicone where the two frames meet. Also apply silicone where the outside frame meets the door.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection