Endura Flap Quick Panel 3 (1-Piece) - Installation Instructions
- Panel Pet Door
- Foam Weather Strip
- Center Post Weather Seal Draft Stopper
- Sliding Door C-Clamp Lock
Please read instructions & notes thoroughly before installation.
Step 1: Step Over Adjust the Step Over (Optional)
- The top of the flap should be positioned to be at least 1” above the top of the pet’s shoulder.
- If the factory setting is not suitable, please adjust it before proceeding. If the current setting is suitable, proceed to the “Installation Instructions” section.
Step 2 Adjust the Screws
- Lay the entire panel on a flat surface.
- Using a #2 Philips head screwdriver, remove the bottom side-screws and loosen the upper side-screws. Screws were tightly installed to hold the panel together during shipping; a power tool* is recommended.
Step 3 Adjust the Spacers
- Once the bottom screws have been removed and the upper side-screws loosened, the Pet Door Assembly and spacers can be removed by sliding the sections down and out of the panel.
Step 4 Replace the Spacers
- Replace the spacers and the Pet Door Assembly by sliding them back in a different order to achieve the desired height. You can move the spacer below and above the flap to raise or lower the flap height.
Step 5 Tighten the Screws
- When finished, replace the bottom side-screws and tighten the next upper-side screws.
Step 1: Install the Panel Spring Mechanism
- Loosen the height adjustment locks at the top of the pet panel. This allows the spring mechanism to move freely up and down.
Step 2 Test Fit the Panel in Your Track
- To insert the panel into the top track, push up against the spring mechanism and swing the bottom of the panel up and over the threshold.
- Seat the panel on top of the small guide rail in the track.
Step 3 Apply the Weatherstripping
- Once you’re sure the panel fits, remove it from the frame and lay it on its side on the ground.
- Apply the foam weather-stripping by peeling back the paper and exposing the adhesive.
- Unroll it along the edge of the panel, pressing to ensure it adheres. Install on both sides, trim it fit with scissors.
Step 4 Install the Draft Stopper
- The center post weather seal strip (draft stopper) should be installed on the inside of the home.
- Trim with scissors as needed. Clean the edge of your patio door with rubbing alcohol before installing to assure a good seal.
- Repeat step two to install the panel in your track.
Adjusting Stepover Height
Since you cannot lock your sliding door to your panel pet door, we have provided you with alternative locking methods to secure your home:
Installing the sliding door clamp: This clamp has a screw that tightens by hand to prevent the sliding door from moving beyond the clamp’s placement. For doors manufactured with the glass slider on the inside track, the lock can usually be installed on the door’s raised track.
If you aren’t able to use the lock that comes with the panel: A great alternative to locking your sliding glass door is a Charley bar or dowel in the track. Both work off the same concept – they block the slider from opening. When engaged you cannot pull the sliding door away from the pet door panel.
Other Installation Options
You might choose to secure the panel in your track with screws. This can be done by drilling screws at an angle in the top and bottom tracks. We recommend doing this from the outside to minimize damage to the sliding glass door frame. One-way screws will prevent tampering or removal of the panel from the outside.
Some stationary sliding door panels can be unfastened and moved over to one side so that you can install the pet door panel between the jamb and stationary panel.
Avoid damaging your sliding glass door by checking that your door can move and that you can reinstall it properly before trying to uninstall the unit.
You will still lose space in your slider to move through, however, you will be able to use your existing sliding door lock to secure your home. Installing your pet door this way is also great in that you already have an alarm system in place.
If your sliding glass door slides on the outside track, using an alternative lock might not be possible, so this allows you to still lock your door.
NOTE: You can do the stationary panel install with the regular spring actuator method – no need to screw it in.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection