Thermo Sash 3e Cat Door for Sash Windows - Installation Instructions
- Sash Window Pet Door
- Foam Weather Strip
- Center Post Weather Seal Draft Stopper
- Flathead Screwdriver
Please read instructions & notes thoroughly before installation.
Step 1 Release Spring Mechanism
- Loosen the width adjustment locks at the end of the pet door insert with the screwdriver. This allows the spring mechanism to move freely from side to side.
Step 2 Check Panel Fit
- Insert the sash into the window track. Push against the spring mechanism and swing the opposite end into the opposite window track. Gently release. Tighten the width adjustment locks.
Step 3 Apply Weatherstripping
- Remove panel from window track.
- Apply the foam weather-stripping by peeling back the paper and exposing the adhesive. Unroll it along the edge of the sash, pressing to ensure it adheres. Install on both the top and the bottom. Trim to fit with scissors.
Step 4 Mount Seal Draft Stopper
- Mount the Center Post Weather Seal Draft Stopper. This strip prevents air from leaking between the window frame when raised to accommodate the sash. Trim to fit with scissors.
- Put the panel back into the window track. Tighten width adjustment locks.
Switch the Side of the Flap
You can switch which side of the sash panel the pet door flap is on to best fit your home.
- Remove the screws on the top and bottom closest to the edge of the pet door. Then slightly loosen the screws closest to the glass. Next, slide off the side piece, then the flap assembly.
- Rotate the flap assembly (essentially flipping it upside down) then slide it back in. Make sure the locking cover is on the same side as the width adjustment locks.
- Replace the end spacer and screws.
LOCKING YOUR WINDOW
For a permanent lock, install a wood screw in the track immediately above the window on both sides. You will no longer be able to raise the window. For a temporary lock, place a removable wooden dowel or Charley bar in either track above the window, shown in Detail 1.
HEIGHT OF YOUR WINDOW
Make sure you place steps or ramps leading to your pet’s door at a height that works! When they go through the flap, the top of the flap should be at least 1" (2,5 cm) higher than the top of their back. Watch your pet and adjust as needed to keep them comfortable.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection