Thermo Sash 3e Pet Door for Sash Windows - Installation Instructions
Switch the Side of the Flap
You can switch which side of the sash panel the pet door flap is on to best fit your home.
- Remove the screws on the top and bottom closest to the edge of the pet door. Then slightly loosen the screws closest to the glass. Next, slide off the side piece, then the flap assembly.
- Rotate the flap assembly (essentially flipping it upside down) then slide it back in. Make sure the locking cover is on the same side as the width adjustment locks.
- Replace the end spacer and screws.
LOCKING YOUR WINDOW
For a permanent lock, install a wood screw in the track immediately above the window on both sides. You will no longer be able to raise the window. For a temporary lock, place a removable wooden dowel or Charley bar in either track above the window, shown in Detail 1.
HEIGHT OF YOUR WINDOW
Make sure you place steps or ramps leading to your pet’s door at a height that works! When they go through the flap, the top of the flap should be at least 1" (2,5 cm) higher than the top of their back. Watch your pet and adjust as needed to keep them comfortable.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection