Endura Flap Double Flap Door Mount Pet Door (Original Design) - Installation Instructions
Click to view the Single Flap Door Mount Instructions.
- 1 Installation Template
- Short Screws
- Long Screws
- 4 Screw Covers
- 1 Installation Magnet
- 2 Flap Frame
- 4 Tunnel Pieces
- 1 Trim Frame
- 1 Tube of Silicone
- 1 Locking Cover
- Drill with 3/8" (9,5 mm) drill bit
- Measuring Tape
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Measuring Tape
Please read instructions & notes thoroughly before installation.
Single Flap Door Mount
Step 1 Measure your Pet
- Tape the provided template to the door. The top edge of the cut-out line should be at least 3” (7,6 cm) above the pet's shoulders.
Step 2 Drill Holes
- Once you are certain the pet door will work with your door, make sure the template is level, and mark the outline with a pencil. Remove the template and drill holes through the corners just inside of the lines using a ⅜” (9,5 mm) drill bit.
Step 3 Trace Template and Cut Door
- Using a jigsaw, cut along the marked lines, making sure to cut straight.
Step 4 Check Weather-Stripping
Step 5 Position Frames
- Apply silicone along the inside of the tunnel where it mates with the flap frame. run a bead of silicone around the edges of the tunnel where it will meet the other frame.
- Place the inside frame with the tunnel on the inside of the door to sandwich with the other flap frame. Take the exterior frame (without the tunnel) and place it on the outside of the door.
Step 6 Select Screws & Insert
- Select appropriate screws and insert them into the pet door from the inside. Do not fully tighten screws until all four screws are inserted and the pet door is leveled. Use the included installation magnet to help align the screws.
Step 7 Tighten Screws
- Once the pet door is leveled, tighten the screws so that the weather-stripping compresses and the frames touch the door.
Step 8 Insert Hole Plugs
- Use the wooden end of a hammer rubber, or other non-metal tool to tap in the hole plugs. You can also place a wood block on the hole plug and tap the block with a hammer.
The best way to install the pet door is to have it straddle the recessed area of one of the panels. Have the pet door sit on the flat area in the middle, side, and below the recessed panel. The frame will cross the recessed area on the top, so you will be left with a gap. The easiest way to fill this gap is to get battens or shims from a local hardware store, and cut them to fit. When that gap is mostly filled, caulk the remaining areas to seal the doggy door to the surface of the people door. If the space is very irregular you can also use a squishy foam weather stripping, which will compress down for a tight fit. When finished, use caulking to seal the door.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection