Pet Door Guys "In the Glass" Old Style (Frame Has Hole Plugs) - Replacement Flap Instructions
Frame has hole plugs (units purchased before May 2020)
Click to view the New Style (Frame Does Not have Hole Plugs) Instructions.
- 1 Replacement Flap
- 3 Retainer Rings
- 8 Hole Plugs*
- Magnetic Phillips head #2 screwdriver
- Flat head screwdriver
*Replacement flaps come with two sets of hole plugs, but you will only need to use one on your flap. For your door, use the set of 8 large hole plugs and discard the set of 4 smaller hole plugs.
Step 1 Remove the Hole Plugs
- Remove the four hole plugs from the frame.
- You can drill a hole in each plug and wiggle the plug out with a screwdriver to pull them off.
Step 2 Unscrew the Frame
- Next unscrew the frame and remove the whole assembly from the glass unit.
Step 3 Remove Retainer Ring
- Now that the assembly that holds the flap is removed from the glass unit, look for a metal rod at the top of the frame that holds the flap.
- Remove a retainer ring from one end of the flap rod by forcing the ring off with a flathead screwdriver.
Step 4 Remove the Rod
- Once you have removed a retainer ring from one end of the flap rod, you can push the rod through the flap frame until it comes out on the other side.
- Pull the rod out and remove the flap.
Step 5 Expand the Bellows
- Gently pull on the bellows (accordion-like sides of the flap) to expand them.
- If needed, use a blow dryer to lightly heat the sides of the new flap and stretch them out to ensure a better seal.
Step 6 Check the Magnets
- Before installing your new flap you should check to make sure that the magnets in the flap and the frame are attracting correctly.
- If they seem to be repelling, you probably need to flip the flap around so they work properly.
Step 7 Position the New Flap
- Now slide the new flap in place in the frame, and guide the flap rod through the side of the frame, through the flap, and out the other side.
Step 8 Install Retainer Ring
- Push the new retainer ring on by holding the other side of the rod in place while pushing the ring on using your finger.
- Each side only needs one ring, and the teeth need to bent facing away from the flap.
Step 9 Re-Install the Pet Door
- Reinstall the flap and frame into the glass unit.
- Line the holes up so you can see light through them, then screw the frame into place.
- Once you’re sure everything is correct, put the new hole plugs in using a rubber mallet (or a hammer and wood).
- You can refer to Endura Pet Door installation videos in the videos tab to help with this step.