- Best energy-efficient pet door for extreme cold or hot weather
- Double flap options are ideal for areas with extreme hot/cold climate and strong winds
- Complete magnetic seal to resist winds up to 50mph
- Total freedom for you and your pet
- Strong and durable Locking Cover included to secure your home and pet
- Installs into doors 1 3/4" to 2 1/4" thick
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimension||Flap Type|
|Small||6" w x 10" h||8 5/8" w x 15" h||9 7/16" w x 16" h||Double|
|Medium||8" w x 14" h||10 5/8" w x 19 1/8" h||11 1/2" w x 20" h||Double|
|Large||10" w x 18" h||12 5/8" w x 23 1/16" h||13 9/16" w x 24"||Double|
|Extra Large||12" w x 22" h||14 11/16" w x 27 1/8"||15 5/8" w x 28" h||Double|
Single Flap or Double Flap? Double flaps would provide more insulation for your home, perfect for climates that experience extreme hot or cold weather. This page is the double flap version, but if you live in a more temperate climate, single flaps would be enough.
Double Flap Door Mounts
2 - flap frames
4 - tunnel pieces (already attached to the interior frame)
1 - locking cover
4 - 2 1/4" screws
4 - 2 3/4" screws
1 - installation template
8 - hole plugs
2 - weather strips (already installed in frame)
1 - installation instruction booklet
1 - tube of silicone
- Heavy-duty flap with a complete magnetic seal for an unbeatable insulation value and weather resistance
- Made to be installed in all types of doors including, but not limited to, solid core doors, hollow core doors, metal doors, storm doors
- High-quality flap will not warp or crack in the heat and cold
- Secure Locking Cover with the strength of 1/16 of steel to block access when needed
- Four sizes available from small for cats to extra large for large dogs like Great Danes designed to accommodate most breeds
- Option to add or decrease magnet strength, perfect for training pets or increasing already significant wind resistance
Need help installing? Read our Dog Door for Doors Installation Guide.
Note: Endura Flap pet doors are not recommended for use by kittens or very small dogs. Cats have been successful using the Small #06; however, a few have found the Medium #08 difficult to use. We would not recommend using the Large #10 or Extra Large #12 or any of the double flap versions for cats.
There has been lots of discussion as to why the Endura Flap is such a high performing pet door, but for engineers or those looking for some more technical information here is a 74-page dog door energy efficiency study showing what makes it so special.
Replacement Parts and Accessories
Endura Flap Dog Door for Doors Installation Video
Variable Magnetic Resistance
Leaf Blower Test
Endura Flap Double Flap Door Mount Installation Instructions
- Two flap frames Four tunnel pieces One tube of silicone
- 4x 2-1/4 inch screws 4x 2-3/4 inch screws
- For both single and double flap door mounts:
- One installation template Eight hole plugs
- Two weather-strips One warranty card
- Drill with
- 3/8 inch drill bit
- Jigsaw or reciprocating saw
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Please read the instructions thoroughly before beginning installation.
Step 1: Tape the provided template to the door. The top edge of the cut-out line should be 1-1/4 inch (or more) above the dog™s withers (shoulders) for the single flap door mount, and 2 inches for the double flap door mount. Be careful not to unduly reduce the strength of the door by cutting too close to the bottom of the door.
Step 2: Mark the hole centers for the four holes and remove the template.
Step 3: Drill the four 3/8 inch holes.
Note: Drill bit needs to be long enough to go through the interior and exterior of the door. It should be both level and straight when making the holes to ensure the two frames will align properly.
Step 4: Draw lines to connect the outsides of the holes using a straight edge, as shown on the template.
Step 5: Cut along the line as shown in Figure 3.
Note Jigsaw needs to be level and straight when cutting the lines to ensure the two frames will align properly.
Step 6: Install the weather-stripping into the groove on both frames with the start /end gap at the bottom.
Step 7: If a single flap door mount, place the pet door trim frame on the outside of the door and the flap frame on the inside and skip to Step 14.
Step 8: If a double flap door mount, assemble the four-piece tunnel by first bending the screw tabs down as shown in Figure 4 in the top and bottom tunnel pieces (the two identical shorter pieces).
Note Only bend the tabs once, bending more than once may result in the tabs breaking off.
Figure 5: Remove the four flap assembly screws
Step 9: Remove the screws in the four corners of the flap frame assembly as shown in Figure 5.
Step 10: Place the top piece on, with the bent tabs down and align the top piece so the holes in the tabs line up with the screw holes in the flap frame and screw in as shown in Figure 6. Repeat for the bottom piece.
Step 11: Slide in the tunnel side pieces as shown in Figure 7.
Step 12: Bend the tabs down with your thumb or a screwdriver handle.
Step 13: Place the flap frame with the tunnel attached on the inside and the other flap frame outside.
Step 14: Select the 2-1/4 inch set of screws for 1-3 /4-inch doors and the shorter set for 1-3/8 inch doors. Insert these into the pet door from the inside. For doors with a thickness of less than 1-3/8 inch, see special instructions. For doors between 1-3/4 inch and 2-1/4 inch with the double flap door mount, use the 2-3 /4-inch screws.
Step 15: Start all four screws, as shown in Figure 8, but do not tighten.
Step 16: Before tightening down the screws, check that the pet door is level and adjust as needed.
Step 17: Tighten the screws until the weather-stripping compresses, and the pet door touches the door. Do not overtighten.
Step 18: Hammer the hole covers into the frame using the wooden end of a hammer (or similar non-metal tool).
Step 19: For double flap door mounts, apply silicone along the inside of the tunnel where it mates with the flap frames to seal your pet door from the elements. Failure to seal your pet door can lead to severe water damage.
Endura Flap® Pet Door Warranty
Endura Flap products have a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under standard regular use. Damage caused by not using the product as intended, improper installation and chewing is not covered under this warranty.