The Award-Winning Endura Flap Dog Door for Doors utilizes the best pet door flap ever made.
- Best energy-efficient pet door for extreme cold or hot weather
- Double flap options are ideal for areas with extreme hot/cold climate and strong winds
- Complete magnetic seal to resist winds up to 50mph
- Made in the USA
- Superior warranty
The Endura Flap Double Flap Dog Door for Doors
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimension||Flap Type|
|Small||6" w x 10" h||8 5/8" w x 15" h||9 7/16" w x 16" h||Double|
|Medium||8" w x 14" h||10 5/8" w x 19 1/8" h||11 1/2" w x 20" h||Double|
|Large||10" w x 18" h||12 5/8" w x 23 1/16" h||13 9/16" w x 24"||Double|
|Extra Large||12" w x 22" h||14 11/16" w x 27 1/8"||15 5/8" w x 28" h||Double|
Single Flap or Double Flap? Double flaps would provide more insulation for your home, perfect for climates that experience extreme hot or cold weather. This page is the double flap version, but if you live in a more temperate climate, single flaps would be enough. A note on single versus double flap versions.
Double Flap Door Mounts
2 - flap frames
4 - tunnel pieces (already attached to the interior frame)
1 - locking cover
4 - 2 1/4" screws
4 - 2 3/4" screws
1 - installation template
8 - hole plugs
2 - weather strips (already installed in frame)
1 - installation instruction booklet
1 - tube of silicone
- Dual-paned flap with a complete magnetic seal for an unbeatable insulation value and weather resistance.
- Self Framing Extruded Aluminum frame made to be installed in all types of doors including, but not limited to: solid core doors, hollow core doors, metal doors, storm doors, paneled doors, french doors
- Secure Locking Cover with the strength of 1/16 of steel to protect any unwanted guests from entering though your dog door and secure your home
- Four sizes available from small for cats to extra large for great Danes designed to accommodate most breeds
- Option to add or decrease magnet strength, perfect for training pets or increasing already significant wind resistance
- Larger double flap versions have been proven to keep your cats in while your dogs can use the door
- 100% designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
- Superior customer support with a 90-day return policy and a 15-year warranty
Note: Endura Flap pet doors are not recommended for use by kittens or very small dogs. Cats have been successful using the Small #06, however, a few have found the Medium #08 difficult to use. We would not recommend using the Large #10 or Extra Large #12 or any of the double flap versions for cats.
There has been lots of discussion as to why the Endura Flap is such a high performing pet door, but for engineers or those looking for some more technical information here is a 74-page dog door energy efficiency study showing what makes it so special.
You can find more information about installation on our Dog Doors for Doors Installation page.
Replacement Parts and Accessories for the Endura Flap Pet Door Mount
Endura Flap Dog Door for Doors Installation Video
Design of the Endura Flap
Variable Magnetic Resistance
Leaf Blower Test
Endura Flap Double Flap Door Mount Installation Instructions
- Two flap frames Four tunnel pieces One tube of silicone
- 4x 2-1/4 inch screws 4x 2-3/4 inch screws
- For both single and double flap door mounts:
- One installation template Eight hole plugs
- Two weather-strips One warranty card
- Drill with
- 3/8 inch drill bit
- Jigsaw or reciprocating saw
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Please read the instructions thoroughly before beginning installation.
1. Tape the provided template to the door. The top edge of the cut-out line should be 1-1/4 inch (or more) above the dog™s withers (shoulders) for the single flap door mount, and 2 inches for the double flap door mount. Be careful not to unduly reduce the strength of the door by cutting too close to the bottom of the door.
2. Mark the hole centers for the four holes and remove the template.
3. Drill the four 3/8 inch holes. Note: Drill bit needs to be long enough to go through the interior and exterior of the door. It should be both level and straight when making the holes to ensure the two frames will align properly.
4. Draw lines to connect the outsides of the holes using a straight edge, as shown on the template.
5. Cut along the line as shown in Figure 3.
Note Jigsaw needs to be level and straight when cutting the lines to ensure the two frames will align properly.
6. Install the weather-stripping into the groove on both frames with the start /end gap at the bottom.
7. If a single flap door mount, place the pet door trim frame on the outside of the door and the flap frame on the inside and skip to Step 14.
8. If a double flap door mount, assemble the four-piece tunnel by first bending the screw tabs down as shown in Figure 4 in the top and bottom tunnel pieces (the two identical shorter pieces). Note Only bend the tabs once, bending more than once may result in the tabs breaking off.
Figure 5: Remove the four flap assembly screws
9. Remove the screws in the four corners of the flap frame assembly as shown in Figure 5.
10. Place the top piece on, with the bent tabs down and align the top piece so the holes in the tabs line up with the screw holes in the flap frame and screw in as shown in Figure 6. Repeat for the bottom piece.
11. Slide in the tunnel side pieces as shown in Figure 7.
12. Bend the tabs down with your thumb or a screwdriver handle.
13. Place the flap frame with the tunnel attached on the inside and the other flap frame outside.
14. Select the 2-1/4 inch set of screws for 1-3 /4-inch doors and the shorter set for 1-3/8 inch doors. Insert these into the pet door from the inside. For doors with a thickness of less than 1-3/8 inch, see special instructions. For doors between 1-3/4 inch and 2-1/4 inch with the double flap door mount, use the 2-3 /4-inch screws.
15. Start all four screws, as shown in Figure 8, but do not tighten.
16. Before tightening down the screws, check that the pet door is level and adjust as needed.
17. Tighten the screws until the weather-stripping compresses, and the pet door touches the door. Do not overtighten.
18. Hammer the hole covers into the frame using the wooden end of a hammer (or similar non-metal tool).
19. For double flap door mounts, apply silicone along the inside of the tunnel where it mates with the flap frames to seal your pet door from the elements. Failure to seal your pet door can lead to severe water damage.
Endura Flap® Pet Door Warranty
To the original purchaser, Endura Flap® Pet Doors warrants this product and all of its component parts to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 15 years from the date of delivery to the customer.
Damage caused by accident, improper installation, abuse or normal wear, including damage by pets or glass breakage is specifically excluded from this warranty. Defective materials returned to Endura Flap® Pet Doors together with proof of purchase, will be repaired or replaced and returned to the customer free of charge.